Welcome to the online platform/web site for the Forum for Agricultural Risk Management in Development (FARMD). This web site was created and is administrated by the Agricultural Risk Management Team (ARMT) of the World Bank FARMD (hereafter referred as the “administrator of the web site,” “we”. or “us”). The web site provides information, resources, tools, and other services to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all the Terms and Conditions described here. Your affirmative act of accessing or using this website signifies your consent to, without limitation or qualification, these Terms and Conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the website.
We reserve the right to modify the contents of this website at any time, including the features, availability, or operation of the website, these Terms and Conditions, or any policy or notice posted on the website. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to the website, and your continued use of this website following the posting of changes means that you agree to and accept the changes.
Ability to Accept Terms and Conditions
You affirm that you can form legally binding agreements under applicable law, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms and Conditions, and to qualify under, abide by, and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Use of the Website
All the elements of this web site, such as text, design, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio clips, downloads, interfaces and code, and software, as well as the selection and arrangement thereof, are the exclusive property of the organization administering the web site, its funding institutions, its affiliates, its licensors or the organizations and individuals publishing and/or authoring the documents/articles displayed in, or download from the web site, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. You may access, copy, download and print the content contained on the website only for your personal and noncommercial use, provided you do not modify or delete any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice that appears on the material you access, copy, download or print. Any other use of the content on the website, including but not limited to the modification, distribution, transmission, performance, broadcast, publication, licensing, reverse engineering, transfer or sale of, or the creation of derivative works from, any material, information, software, or services obtained from the website, is expressly prohibited. The web site’s administrator neither warrants nor represents that your use of content on this website will not infringe rights of third parties not affiliated with the organization administering this web site.
You may not use contact information provided on the website for improper purposes, including marketing. You may not use any hardware or software intended to damage or interfere with the proper working of the website or to surreptitiously intercept any system, data or personal information from the website. You agree not to interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of the website in any way. We reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to or use of the website at any time without notice. Termination of your access or use will not waive or affect any right or relief to which we may be entitled, at law or in equity.
You acknowledge that you are responsible for any content (including organization and/or project/initiative profiles, announcements, articles, events, training opportunities, job openings, and library/resource documents) you may submit via the website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through this website any content that (i) is false, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, dangerous, offensive, inflammatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable, (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law, or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false e-mail address or other identifying information, or impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content.
Do not submit any original creative content or ideas of which you wish to maintain exclusive ownership. Any communications or content you submit to the website will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. The web site administering organization is and will be under no obligation to maintain any submissions in confidence, pay any compensation or royalty for any submissions, respond to, monitor, or review any submissions, give any specific attribution for any submission, or make any services described or mentioned in a submission available in any location. You must only submit content to the website that you created or that you have permission to submit. Your submissions must not misuse the web site’s trademarks or the trademarks of others. The organization administering this web site is and will be under no obligation to publish submitted content and does so at its sole discretion.
The organization administering this web site makes no warranties or representation that services described in any submission are currently available in any location and does not claim to have any affiliation with, approve, or have any endorsement from the providers of these services. Submissions are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of the organization administering this web site. The organization administering this web site reserves the right to remove or edit any submissions, for any reason, at any time, without notice, and is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing submissions.
The organization administering this web site is under no obligation to post, forward, transmit, distribute or otherwise provide any material available on this website, including material you provide to us, and so we have an absolute right to remove any material from the website in our sole discretion at any time.
Abuse of comment boards/blogs and other exchange/dialogue tools available
The users of this web site may submit comments on news items and articles (including “Featured Topics” and “Notes from the Field”) as well as all documents contained in the resource library. Users have access to other tools such as blogs and on-line courses to provide comments. The organization administering the web site retains the right to remove any comments we determine to be, at our sole discretion, unacceptable. This includes personal attacks, profanity, or comments that are for any other reason objectionable. We also retain the right to make necessary edits to grammar and spelling.
Users agree that all comments are public. Any information received will not be considered confidential. The organization administering the web site does not claim ownership of any comments submitted. However, by submitting comments you grant to the organization administering the web site a perpetual, royalty-free license to use, distribute, reproduce, edit, and publish this information in other formats. Users agree not to post content protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity). If you contribute comments that do not constitute your original work of authorship, you represent and warrant to us that you do not infringe on any third party’s copyright or other proprietary rights and that you have secured all necessary permission and licenses prior to contributing such content to the web site. We also retain the right to not approve trackbacks that are deemed for any reason inappropriate.
This website may contain links to other websites. These links are provided as a convenience to you and as an additional avenue of access to the information contained therein. We have not necessarily reviewed all the information on those other websites and are not responsible for the content of those or any other websites or any products or services that may be offered through those or any other websites. Inclusion of links to other websites should not be viewed as an endorsement of the content of linked websites. Different terms and conditions may apply to your use of any linked websites. Your correspondence or business dealings with any entities found through linked websites are solely between you and such entity. The organization administering this web site or its affiliates, are not responsible for any losses, damages, or other liabilities incurred as the result of any such dealings.
Trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks of the organization administering the web site, the organizations funding the web site, the web site’s affiliates, the web site’s licensors, the web site’s content providers, or other third parties. All of these trademarks, logos, and service marks are the property of their respective owners, and they cannot be used without the owner’s prior written permission.
- YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RESTRICT OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE OR ANY FEATURE OR PART THEREOF AT ANY TIME. We EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE ARE NONINFRINGING, AS WELL AS WARRANTIES IMPLIED FROM A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR COURSE OF DEALING; THAT ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE; THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE WEBSITE AVAILABLE WILL BE VIRUS-FREE; OR THAT INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE WILL BE COMPLETE, ACCURATE OR TIMELY. IF YOU DOWNLOAD ANY MATERIALS FROM THIS WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIALS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH OR FROM THE WEBSITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE IN TERMS OF THEIR COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY INFORMATION YOU SEND OR RECEIVE DURING YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE MAY NOT BE SECURE AND MAY BE INTERCEPTED BY UNAUTHORIZED PARTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT THE WEBSITE IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU AT NO CHARGE. RECOGNIZING SUCH, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE WEB SITE ADMINISTRATOR, ITS FUNDING PARTNERS, AFFILIATES OR SUPPLIERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE WEBSITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICES ADVERTISED IN OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, THE REMOVAL OR DELETION OF ANY MATERIALS SUBMITTED OR POSTED ON ITS WEBSITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THE WEB SITE ADMINISTRAT OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY ARISING FROM ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUSES, FILE CORRUPTION, COMMUNICATION-LINE FAILURE, NETWORK OR SYSTEM OUTAGE, YOUR LOSS OF PROFITS, OR THEFT, DESTRUCTION, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, LOSS OR USE OF ANY RECORD OR DATA, AND ANY OTHER TANGIBLE OR INTANGIBLE LOSS. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE WEB SITE ADMINISTRATOR, ITS AFFILIATES OR SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER OF THE WEBSITE. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE CLAIMS OR ANY DISPUTE WITH THE WEB SITE ADMINISTRATOR IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. YOU AND THE WEB SITE ADMINISTRATOR THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE WEBSITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- FOR DOCUMENTS, TRAINING MATERIALS, EVENTS, RECOMMENDED WEB SITES, ARTICLES AND ANY OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE FROM THIS SEVER, THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THE WEB SITE DOES NOT WARRANT OR ASSUME ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, APPARATUS, PRODUCER, SERVICE OR PROCESS DISCLOSED.
- ALL OF THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS WEBSITE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE INFORMATION AND FEATURES ON THIS WEBSITE DO NOT CONSTITUTE BINDING OFFERS TO PROVIDE RISK MANAGEMENT OR OTHER SERVICES DESCRIBED ON THE WEBSITE, OR TO MAKE SUCH SERVICES AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA. LIKEWISE, NONE OF THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS WEBSITE REGARDING JOB/CONSULTING OPPORTUNITIES CONSTITUTES A BINDING OFFER TO EMPLOY YOU OR INDIVIDUALS YOU MAY REFER FOR THESE JOBS.
- THE ORGANIZATION ADMINISTERING THIS WEB SITE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ANY SERVICES DESCRIBED OR MENTIONED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. REGARDLESS OF ANY INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS WEBSITE, WE RESERVES THE RIGHT WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO DISCONTINUE SERVICES OR CHANGE TERMS AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT INCURRING ANY OBLIGATIONS. LIKEWISE, THE WEB SITE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT JOB/CONSULTING OPPORTUNITIES DEPICTED OR MENTIONED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. THIS WEBSITE SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON OR USED AS THE SOLE BASIS FOR MAKING SIGNIFICANT DECISIONS WITHOUT CONSULTING PRIMARY OR MORE ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR TIMELY SOURCES OF INFORMATION. ALTHOUGH THE ORGANIZATION ADMINISTRING THE WEB SITE MAKES REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ENSURE THAT ALL MATERIAL ON THIS WEBSITE IS CORRECT, ACCURACY AND INTEGRITY CANNOT BE GUARANTEED, AND THE ORGANIZATION ADMINISTRATING THE WEB SITE DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR OBLIGATION FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR AUTHENTICITY OF MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE.
- WE DO NOT ENDORSE OR RECOMMENDS ANY COMMERCIAL PRODUCT, SERVICES, PROCESSES OR PRODUCTS DISPLAYED IN THIS WEB SITE. THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS OF AUTHORS EXPRESSED ON THE CONTENTS DISPLAYED IN THE WEB SITE DO NOT NECESSARILY STATE OR REFLECT THOSE OF THE INSTITUTION THE WEB SITE ADMINISTRATOR REPRESENTS, AND THEY MANY NOT BE USED FOR ADVERTISING OR PRODUCE ENDORSEMENT PURPOSES.
- POP-UP ADVERTISEMENTS: WHEN VISITING OUR WEB SITE, YOUR WEB BROWSER MAY PRODUCE POP-UP ADVERTISEMENTS. THESE ADVERTISEMENTS WERE MOST LIKELY PRODUCED BY OTHER WEB SITES THAT YOU HAVE VISITED OR BY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER. THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THIS WEB SITE DOES NOT ENDORSE OR RECOMMEND PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ADVERTISED ON YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN WHILE VISITING THE ORGANIZATION'S WEB SITE.
- EXTERNAL LINKS: THE WEB SITE PROVIDES LINKS TO OTHER INTERNET SITES ONLY FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF WORLD WIDE WEB USERS. THE ORGANIZATION ADMINISTRATING THIS WEB SITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE AVAILABILITY OR CONTENT OF THESE EXTERNAL SITES, NOR DOES IT ENDORSE, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION DESCRIBED OR OFFERED AT THESE OTHER INTERNET SITES. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER TO EXAMINE THE COPYRIGHT AND LICENSING RESTRICTIONS OF LINKED PAGES AND TO SECURE ALL NECESSARY PERMISSION.
By using this website, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the organization administering this web site, its funding institutions and its affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, service providers, subcontractors and suppliers, from and against any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, arising or resulting from your use of the website and any violation of these Terms and Conditions. If you cause a technical disruption of the website or the systems transmitting the website to you or others, you agree to be responsible for any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, arising or resulting from that disruption. We reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and, in such case, you agree to cooperate with us in defense of such matter.
The website is administrated by the Agricultural Risk Management Team of the World Bank, in the United States of America. This website has been designed to comply with the laws of the United States. The laws of the District of Columbia govern these Terms and Conditions and your use of the website. If you choose to access the website from a location outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and with the understanding that laws applicable in your location may not be applicable to this website. By using the website, you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of courts located in the District of Columbia for any action to enforce these Terms and Conditions.
This agreement and any posted policies or operating rules constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
If any provision of this agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the agreement will remain in place.